Financial Horizons Group is a leading, national Managing General Agency (MGA) that provides a broad array of life, health, employee benefits, pension, investments, structured settlements, and risk management products and services to financial advisors. As a MGA, Financial Horizons Group is appointed by insurance companies to distribute their products and services, through independent financial advisors.
As the Manager, Human Resources, you will assist in leading Human Resources to support and foster an employee-oriented, high performing organization that emphasizes engagement, change, empowerment, quality, productivity, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a best-in-class workforce.
This position works closely with management in the implementation of corporate policies related to human resources, organizational and employee development and ensuring best practices are followed. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, policy creation, analysis and problem solving.
- Oversee the delivery of HR services, and the implementation and management of corporate HR programs and initiatives ensuring alignment with corporate goals and objectives, while maintaining compliance with HR-related regulations, legislation and policies.
- Create and deliver advanced HR services and programs, focused on fostering a high-performance culture and respectful work environment that attracts, retains, and inspires the best talent.
- Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach.
- Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, performance management, workforce planning, and organizational change).
- Assists senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives.
- Provides management with ongoing support, tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people e.g. performance management, employee relations, recruiting, etc.
- Works with management to identify and resolve HR issues as they arise while promoting positive employee/management relations in carrying out day-to-day HR services and support.
- Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues, as requested.
- Ensures best practices are followed by staying current with employment legislation and HR industry developments.
Job Knowledge or Work Experience:
- 10 years experience as an HR professional with experience in a leadership role
- Experience supporting operations team and several locations
- Experience in managing projects
- Proven experience working closely with Management to support the resolution of employee issues in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of employment and human rights legislation, including experience dealing with various employment-related legislative processes
- Previous experience with HRIS
- Bilingualism is preferred.
- Change Management skills are required
- Proven ability in creating, and implementing innovative human resources initiatives
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative from concept through to implementation
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize activities and work effectively in a fast paced organization
- Contributes to the design and implementation of HR policies and programs
- Ability to sell and promote new ideas and procedures
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a team
- Analytical skills and attention to detail is required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- The ability to work outside regular business hours as required
- High level of integrity, ethics and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both oral and written
- Adapt to learning new technology quickly
- Consulting and leadership skills are required
- Demonstrated success in leading and supporting organizational change and continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to work collaboratively with management and establish strong relationships, with the political acumen to challenge others in a constructive fashion
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office
Professional/Technical Certification or Licenses:
- CHRP designation or working towards the CHRP designation
- CMC – Change Management Certificate is an asset
- Post secondary business degree/diploma in Human Resources, Business and or Sociology